14 hours to go!!! and anyone know who to top-up a mobile phone?!?!

I don't believe it, I'm actually leaving the country for climbing/travelling/fun tomorrow. Talk about a mad dash to get this all ready to go!

Amazingly enough I'm pretty well prepared, although I'll put a lot of that down to the fact that I just have to turn up in Salt Lake City and I'm being looked after for all my gear when I arrive. You know who you are, and thanks!

On another note, for the first time in almost 5 years I'm going to have to start paying my mobile phone bill again :( I received the dreaded text message notifying that within the next hour I actually have to PUT MONEY onto my account for the phone to work. Who'd have thought?
Am I going to miss it? It think it's a big yes and a big no. Yes, cause I got to play with lots of fun things like the picture-of-the-day while travelling around China last September (photos can be found here), use Gmail from my mobile (just point your phone's browser to http://gmail.com), and lots of other miscellaneous items that actually made the mobile useful (Jaiku as a great example). No, as I won't miss being 'always connected' and having to deal with being always available - see Jaiku as a way around this!
So, back to the main question, does anyone know how to get prepaid credit on a phone? I've never had to do it before, as I've been on a bill phone since I was 16....... Who'd have thought something that should be simple would be so awkwards :)

Amazingly enough, this is my 100th post on this blog......

Comments

Popular Posts