Sceptical running podcast until I almost hurled


Sorry about the title but apt :)

I'd read this blog entry on TGU ages and ages ago, and largely due to fogetting and, if I'm honest, skepticism. Still though, one hour today on the Curragh plains with the podcast having me running sprints (intervals, which I've used for climbing to great affect).
Having not being running for a few weeks due to a problematic foot injury, I suffered. A lot. It's not as if someone (i.e. Lance Armstrong) is screaming in your ear, but it definitely makes a change to just running with some music in the background.
To be fair, even if I had been running regularly recently, I still would be suffering now - it's set up for all abilities. If you're looking for some motivation, give the podcasts a try.


Image: Now I feel like he looks in that image ;)

Comments

  1. good to hear it was good!

    Eoin & myself got a great hill run in by headtorch on Howth hill & cliffs on Sun night.

    P.S. your blog is giving a blogcounter admin password popup when I go to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool!, night running is brilliant fun :)

    Weird about the blogcounter - tried on three different pc's just there and can't replicate it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa Haa! EMBRACE THE PAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haa Haa! EMBRACE THE PAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work! Haven't used them yet myself. Did you do the speed training one(< 1 hour) or the tempo intervals one (1hr15). Gonna give the speed training one this week hopefully.

    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. the speed one (aka intervals as I know it from climbing). Don't expect anyone shouting in your ear - just some basically telling when to run hard and when not to. Also includes a 10-minute warm-up and warm-down. Good fun though, I'll be using it again until I find a running club to join.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts