Are you going to the Irish National Lead Comp?

This Saturday, 16th October, in Dingle, the 2nd (in it’s current form) Irish National Lead Comp is on in Dingle? Are you going? I couldn’t make it last year due to work commitments but since I’d like to support another discipline of climbing (I'm not a huge fan of competitions but I love their excuse for socializing :), I’ll be flying back into Shannon next Friday for the day. Should be fun, I’m looking forward to seeing lots of motivated climbers and watching the current crop of new climbers in this awesome sport! 5 weeks of work as a new teacher has finally taken it's toll and energy levels are at an all-time low, but I'll be aiming to give it my best shot on the day.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Eddie Cooper beat all-comers, considering he just won the veteran category at the British Lead Climbing Championships - nice one :)

I suspect there’s a live stream of the event like last year also - I’d guess to check out the PlayAtHeight website on the day.....more info on the comp in general found here (Mountaineering.ie link)

Comments

Popular Posts