A momentum building

A new hardcore bouldering venue.

Irish Climbing Coaching.

Adventure Racing World series event here in Ireland!

Over 150 people (and that's just those that turned in their cards at the end of the day) turning up for the Bouldering League comp.

Seminar on Performance Climbing and Coaching

Is anyone getting the impression that a good year lies ahead?


I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much in the climbing scene when I get home. I'm jaded from Dalkey, even the Burren was beginning to wear thin (there's only so many times you can repeat the same routes - it's a small crag) although I'll never stop loving spending time down there. But, and it's a BIG but, there's something in the air this year. As one of the guys at the inaugural meeting about the climbing wall co-op said last night, he'd 'retired' from the Irish scene as it was dead but has returned due to what's happening. I know how he feels.

To those who've gotten me involved in some of it (the climbing wall co-op, the IBL organisation), I'm grateful and thanks (you know who you are), it's given me some cool incentives for Ireland this year. I wasn't expecting to spend time here this year, but I've been given some opportunities to train here now for my sports goals (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2342387889395544617&postID=773714041157990925) with like-minded individuals, I've some genuine excitement building. Didn't really think I'd say that this year!
now, if I could ever figure out what Real World career I can fit in around the coaching, I'd be sorted ;)

Comments

Popular Posts