WAFF film festival

WAFF - The Wee Adventure Film Festival

I made it to most of the WAFF film festival last night in The Sugar Club last night.
Firstly, kudos to the guys who arranged it, it was awesome to see so many like-minded individuals in the one location!
Some of the quality of film was a bit questionable (it definitely wasn't no Banff :) but definitely leaves them on a good footing for next year. It was also great to see that all these activities are being taken on by ourselves on our little Island.

I know I've now an excuse to get my camcorder up and running. Although climbing footage doesn't really look great on the big screen. Having said that, UnderDeveloped was good.......anyone else got a camcorder?!?!

Comments

  1. have to agree, great to see so many outdoorsy folk in one place. The friend I brought was laughing at the very high proportion of wooly hat wearing people walking in :)
    Interesting to see most films opted for only music without voice overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there was an awful lot of wooly hats and feathers in that room :)

    Basic production levels is usually the main reason for lack of voice-overs - i.e. it's much easier with Windows Movie maker to add music. Voice-overs also involve really setting up the timing, narration, etc.
    Start small though, I thought it was a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad ended up buying a camcorder before new years, one of those MiniDV ones. Looking forward on bringing it out to a quarry once I'm sick of the final year project and don't have any motivation to look at it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea Sarunas. I need to get into the habit myself of recording everything I do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts