Just a short post to update after getting back from Spain.....
- northern Spain is amazing, the best concentration of rock currently going. It's hard to describe just how much there is.
- living out of a van is the future of trips (nothing new there but not that common for people heading out from Ireland due to cost of ferries, etc).
- the crag above is just one random crag visited (click on the image....). No-one there all week. North-facing. In-situ draws to help with retrieving your own. And chairs made with old rope for comfortable relaxing. 30-40 meters of tufa grappling and edges. Go exploring to find it, I'm not giving details as the mission for our trip was to explore new zones and I'd almost forgotten how much fun that is over visiting old spots.
- 3 8a's ticked in just over a week for me, 4 for Al.
- Oliana looks amazing, imagine Biographie sector of Ceuse only it's all blue limestone. I'm psyched for a big trip back. Better get training, routes really only start at 8a!
Back in Ireland, psyched to start catching up with lots of old (and new) friends! the scene seems alive right now :)
Update: the image above was taken on an iPhone with Microsoft's free Photosynth app. Amazing!