Bring on the psyche!!!



Another week over and training is progressively getting it on. Interval laps back in Ireland on Saturday at UCD (man, someone needs to build a proper wall in Dublin - if you are, get in touch cause I want involvement :), Monday on the fingerboard, Tuesday for Intervals at the Foundry (finally seeing progress there), Wednesday for a light fingerboard and stretching session, Thursday for a bouldering session on the new problems at the wall (more progress, flashed some problem grades which were unachievable before). So, Friday evening and it's a rest day before Team Ireland arrives in tomorrow for some hopeful grit stone action if the weather holds. Not to mention my skin needs it. I've been campusing a bit again (1-3-5's and aiming to get 1-4-7 properly which I've never really achieved with ease, and jumps to hang a rung one-handed), and with the added intensity, I'm losing skin proportionally to how effort I'm putting in. Always a good sign then :)
I'm still stoked from watching all the stronger crew at the Foundry, there's some seriously strong folk floating around. And the more I see of some climbing videos, I realize there's so much potential for strength improvements. Goal to be reached by 2011 is a one-armer on a door-frame edge. So, first I need to get to point of dead-hangs - I'm predicting that sorted by summer. Stay tuned. Got to see some improvements in grade if I can do that....

But never mind that, it's Friday evening and I hurt in too many places so stretching, some work and some chillin'. Over and out......

Comments

Popular Posts